Posted by nightphoenix on March 14, 2011 in News |

You may have noticed that some of the categories and tags for the blog have changed. I went through and cleaned house a bit, as it were. I’ve decided to take the blog in the direction of documenting the creative process, both in general and specifically in my own work. I’m not retroactively changing or deleting any posts…just giving things a direction to take from now on.

In the tags, I deleted a number of redundant and rarely-used ones, and combined a few others. Notably, got rid of both the artwork and Mortal Instruments tags. Made the artwork a category instead of a tag, and the other…well, for some reason the MI tag was getting hits every day (almost since the day I created it, mind). There was only ever one post in that tag, making the sheer number and consistency of hits a bit mind boggling. I suspect a bot was responsible. I really don’t like bots snooping around. Don’t worry, the post hasn’t gone anywhere…I just nixed the tag.

Categories have been redone to reflect the new direction, and are, I hope, somewhat self-explanatory. Input is what I absorb in the form of books, movies, TV shows, etc…that which fuels the process. Output is whatever I’m working on, the results of the process. And there’s the process itself; how influence, inspiration, and imagination combine to make something new.

My next goals are:

1) Update the Projects page. Add some story ideas that have emerged in the last few months. Reorganize to reflect the current queue.

2) Update the Wands page. Add pictures as needed. Start the process of writing descriptions for each wand.

3) Make the first “official” creative process post.

Also I may, in the future, create a separate artwork page that showcases a bit more of my art.



Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2009-2018 All rights reserved.
This site is using the Desk Mess Mirrored theme, v2.5, from BuyNowShop.com.